Oh the joys of being the mom of a newborn! So much to experience…that it’s hard to capture. Here are 16 pictures that capture the moments you might be able to relate to…
1. When someone asks you how you’re doing…
Oh sleep. Precious sleep. Sacred sleep.
2. When you’ve just changed the diaper, fed, then laid the wee lad back down…and you hear a low rumble…
3. Hair…always gets caught in those little fingers.
4. And a hair-tie becomes your bestfriend.
5. If a massage therapist were to ask you where your tight muscles are…
6. Boobs…engorged and feel huge.
7. Nipples? Feel like they’ve skidded on concrete for 5 miles.
8. Baby’s sleeping, finally, and you try to have some time with your hubby…and then hear a cry…
9. You see this…
10. And are baffled.
11. Your quiet time…
12. When you finally get a shower…
13. You’re the star in this movie
14. And everyday is a good day for a cupcake.
15. But oh the love! So much love for your little bubba
16. This plaque says it all…
There are lots of things every mom of a newborn can relate to.
So much to experience when you’re the mom of a newborn…
Hours of crying.
“Whatever works” mental shift.
Lots of worries over nothing.
Lots of unknowns.
Tears. Lots of tears sometimes.
Loss of hair. Lots of hair.
Frustration. Fears. Oh the emotions!
But the best emotion of all. A love that you can’t explain. Holding your wee one in your arms, sleeping or nursing, your heart just melts.
There’s no better place to be than in that moment. A moment of complete love and admiration. A moment of such peace.
A moment that you want to hold onto for forever.