These are truly incredible. They are reallllly easy to make too.
This is my go-to veggie dish. You wouldn’t even know they are meat-free. In fact, you can make this dish gluten-free and dairy-free. Again, don’t be put off by it being vegetarian. It is very very very tasty. I made it almost every day for my husband one week…and I may have continued that trend into the second week. These fritters are so simple you’ll want to keep using this recipe.
The preparation for making the bean & veggie fritters:
- You’ll want to sprout your garbanzo beans 2-3 days ahead. Not sure about sprouting or what it’s about? No problem. Here’s a quick read about why sprouting beans is the healthier way to go. Trust me, it’s a quick read. Check it out.
- Make sure you at least have the basic ingredients. The sourdough starter is OPTIONAL. You can use wholewheat flour or any gluten-free flour instead.
- I will post a recipe for homemade mayo soon. The homemade mayo I used was so simple and delicious.
Here’s the recipe for Incredible Bean & Veggie Fritters:
- 3 cups sprouted garbanzo beans and any other bean, cooked and mashed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 organic celery sticks, diced very thin
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon sourdough starter (or just WW flour)
- 2 tablespoons really good quality mayo (no canola oil!). I use homemade mayo.
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 egg
- Using a large pot and coconut oil (high heat oil), brown ½ onion. Add the garlic after the onion has browned a bit.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for ~5 minutes. You can use a food processor for the carrots and celery.
- Add the mashed beans. Turn down to a very low heat.
- Add the cumin, peanut butter, sourdough starter (or ww flour), mayo, and salt. Take off the heat.
- Add the egg to bind everything together.
- Form little patties out of the mixture and fry up in grapeseed oil or coconut oil (high heat oil...don't use olive oil because it denatures in high heat).
- Enjoy with cucumbers, in burgers, or by themselves. They are indeed incredible!