These are my husband’s favorite candies. They’re full of peanut buttery goodness, chocolate, and coconut…all of which are his favorite flavors. Add a bit of coffee in there and he’d just about jump over the moon.
And I love making them because they’re super easy, healthy, and fun to make because they turn out looking so beautiful. They’re loaded with good fats (peanuts) and natural sweetness (honey).
Just follow these really simple steps to make homemade peanut butter cups:
1. Melt a chocolate bar in the microwave or oven. I don’t like to use the stovetop because the bottom can get burned. Note: I also don’t like to use the microwave for a number of reasons. Here’s one. So…that leaves me with 1 option: oven. Make sure the whole bar is melted…nice and creamy.
2. Dip firm paper or aluminum cupcake papers/molds into the chocolate, only covering about 1/3 inch up the cupcake paper. Set all your molds on parchment paper and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
4. While those molds are firming up you can make the peanut buttery goodness mixture.
5. Mix the following ingredients together:
6. Take the cupcake molds out of the freezer. The chocolate molds should come right off.
7. Fill each mold with the peanut buttery mixture. Pat the mixture in each mold down.
8. Top with peanuts. Stick in the fridge for a bit.
Enjoy! These are so good!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅛ -1/4 cup honey
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pre-made chocolate molds. See above for instructions.
- Mix all of the ingredients together: peanut butter, honey, coconut, salt, and coconut oil.
- Fill each mold with the peanut buttery mixture. Pat the mixture in each mold down.
- Top with peanuts. Stick in the fridge for a bit.