This kale soup is a faithful kale soup.
It never disappoints.
I’ve been meaning to share the recipe with ya’ll for a while because I think those of you who really like healthy food will really like this soup. Heck, even if you don’t like healthy soup you should try it because it’s flat-out delicious.
I absolutely love how easy and hassle-free this soup is. Simply faithful. I’m not sure how else to describe it.
I work til 8 or 9pm several days a week and usually don’t have but 5-10 minutes to eat dinner. This wonderful soup has been my lifesaver.
That’s why I made it for my dinners this week. I brought a big container of this soup to work, poured into a cup, and had it for a quick dinner.
And it satisfies and fills the belly with warmth and plenty of xoxoxo.
I use either kale, spinach and/or silverbeet for this soup. Plenty of greens!
The feta cheese adds a bit of creaminess and smoothness.
Can’t have kale soup without feta!
What better way to get your greens!
Well, smoothies are a great way too but sometimes the belly just wants a bit more warmth. Especially on a cold day!
So to the brave, bold, and curious, try this soup. Don’t be put off by the word “healthy.” It really is very delicious and easy (my favorite combo!). Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth (I use homemade broth)
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 bundle or 4-6 cups silver-beet
- 1 bundle or 4-6 cups kale or spinach
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 grams feta cheese
- In a medium/large pot over medium/high heat saute the onions until golden. Add the celery and saute until soft.
- Add the chicken broth and potato. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. While the soup is cooking add the spices: cumin, salt, pepper.
- Add the greens and cook for about 10 more minutes, or until the potato and greens are soft.
- Add in the garlic and crumble in the feta. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer to a high speed blender. Careful because the soup is very hot! Blend on high for 3-5 minutes, until the soup is smooth. Transfer back to the pot. Add in more salt/pepper if needed. You can also add extra cheese if you prefer.
- Enjoy by itself or with yummy bread!